Effective as of 1 February 2020
Piksel respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your Personal Data. This Privacy Notice will inform you as to how we look after your Personal Data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by submitting information or by filling in forms on oursite&afrospire.com (“our website”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, searching for a product, posting material and sharing details on message boards and blogs, requesting further services or using any other functions on our website.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access on our website.
COOKIES AND IP ADDRESSES
We collect IP addresses to obtain aggregate information on our website. An IP address if a number assigned to your computer by a web server when you are on the web. When you are on our website, we have a back-end server that logs your computer’s IP address. We only use the information we find out from tracking IP
addresses in the aggregate, such as how many users entered a specific area of our website, and not to track a specific IP address to identify an individual user. However, we may use such information to identify a user if we feel that there are or may be safety and/or security issues or to comply with legal requirements.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how Piksel collects and processes your Personal Data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service or provide your contact details.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this Privacy Notice together with any privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing Personal Data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This Privacy Notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
This Privacy Notice is issued on behalf of the Piksel Group so when we mention “Piksel”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the Piksel Group responsible for processing your data. Piksel Limited is the controller and responsible for this website.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice please contact the DPO using the details set out below.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal Data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details if applicable
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us if applicable.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your name and password, purchases or orders made by You, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a Contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We may use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Personal Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us via our website.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Personal Data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
(b) advertising networks; and
(c) search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- Determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for movies and TV shows we think will be of interest to you, determine your Internet service provider, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- Prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms(such as determining free trial eligibility);
- Analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- Communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications text messaging, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about Afrospire details about new features and content available on Afrospire, and special offers, promotional announcements, and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain Personal Data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following Personal Data control mechanisms.
PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased Products or Services from us or if you provided us with your details and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any company outside the Piksel group of companies for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting email@example.com at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of a Product/Service purchase, warranty registration, Product/Service experience or other transactions.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by Law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your Personal Data with the parties set out below where this is permitted by Law to the following bodies:
- Internal Third Parties
- External Third Parties
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your Personal Data in the same way as set out in this Privacy Notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We share your Personal Data within the Piksel Group. This will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your Personal Data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your Personal Data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your Personal Data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of Personal Data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Data out of the EEA.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to or on our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to access information held about you. If you are located in the EEA you will have a right of access, rectification, blocking or deletion or to object to the processing of your personal data. This can be exercised by contacting us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. We restrict access to Personal Data collected from visitors to our site to our employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to know that information in order to provide services to you, and who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your Personal Data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data. The following methods you have a right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data.
- Request correction of your Personal Data.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data.
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Data.
- Request transfer of your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by Law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performance of Contractmeans processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your
Personal Data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
INTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
Other companies in the in Afrospire or Piksel Group acting as joint controller or processors and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting.
EXTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during your relationship with us.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com. If you prefer not to receive marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link within any marketing e-mail you receive from us. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective.